Wednesday 29 February 2012

Fisher Price: My First Bet- Part 2


In my last blog I said that I had made a bet on the Carling Cup Final. More specifically I made two small bets on Andy Carroll and Craig Bellamy to score at any time. They didn’t score and I lost.

Despite the bet it was a cracking albeit nerve-wracking game, especially for a Liverpool fan. It had it all, drama, goals, excitement and a penalty shoot-out. Perfect game for a neutral.

The bets added absolutely nothing; I was fooled into thinking that it would dramatically increase the tension, that it would make the more exciting. I was wrong.

It might’ve been down to the fact that I support Liverpool and that I couldn’t have wanted them to win more for anything. It could’ve been down to the fact that Bellamy and Carroll had next to no clear-cut chances. Maybe it was down to the bets being too small.

Whatever it was, I have absolutely no inclination to “avenge” my loss. I doubt I’ll be making another bet for a long time.

Maybe a “good” bet would be on something impartial and maybe a bigger bet. I don’t think I’ll be finding out anytime soon though.

I think for now I’ll leave the betting for the neutrals.

No comments:

Post a Comment