Wednesday 22 February 2012

24 hours of hype.

You'll want to mark today on your calendars as this is the very first Wheely Best Blog in the World.

Moving on...

I recently bought the complete set of the TV show '24' on DVD. If I had to describe it in one word. Overrated. Don't get me wrong, I like it. I like the twists, turns, action and the concept. But my only problem with it is that almost everyone that I came across that had seen it, proclaimed that it was so phenomenal, and it was the best piece of TV ever.

So I guess my problem is not with the show, but it's hype instead.

I'm still watching it by the way, so nobody ruin it!

Alternatively, I bought seasons 1-6 of the show 'House'. I am normally very squeamish and can't stand anything involving blood without my vision turning blurry. However this time is different as Hugh Laurie is so captivating that I can easily forget the gruesome hospital and gory nature of it that would normally have me passing out. Simply put, Hugh Laurie lived up to the hype.

And I haven't finished 'House' either, so nobody ruin it!

Swings and roundabouts really. Should I ever trust "hype"? For example the show 'Homeland', starting soon. It's being hyped as well, as another great US TV series. I'll give it a go.

Well maybe it'll teach me to by one series at a time, not the entire box set.

No comments:

Post a Comment